While content is getting better, its reach is decreasing, CAC is increasing (faster than CAC for paid marketing), and competition is skyrocketing. ProfitWell recently published a study revealing some grim statistics that illustrate these points – compared to 5 years ago, 300% more content is being published per month, posts are almost 100% longer in word count, and shares per post have dropped 90%(!) in the last 2 years.
The textbook symptoms of channel saturation have set in. Here at Reforge, we realized if we didn’t adapt, we’d risk getting left behind.
- Icarus Deception by Seth Godin
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- How Brands Become Icons by Douglas B. Holt
- The Undoing Project by Michael Lewis
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell